Margo K. Carnahan
Margo joined Midkiff, Muncie, & Ross, P.C. in 2013 as an Associate and practices in the area of liability insurance defense and workers’ compensation defense. In this position, Margo represents and advises individuals, businesses, and insurers in civil litigation, with a focus on personal injury defense, automobile accidents, and construction defect litigation. She enjoys working one-on-one with her clients to develop tailored litigation and negotiation strategies to obtain timely and cost-effective resolutions based on her client’s specific needs.
Margo is a member of the North Carolina State Bar and is admitted to practice law in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina.
Margo earned a bachelor’s degree in English and a bachelor’s degree in Studio Art at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill in 2003, and her law degree from Florida State University College of Law in 2009. While at Florida State, Margo was a member of the Florida State College of Law Moot Court Team and won recognition as a semi-finalist in the 2008 National Moot Court Competition in Child Welfare and Adoption Law.
When she is not working, Margo loves spending time with her family and her two dogs. Margo also volunteers her time to the Lawyer on the Line program sponsored by the NC Bar Association Foundation and Legal Aid of North Carolina. Additionally, Margo is a wine connoisseur and enjoys exploring small, boutique and family-owned wineries during her annual trips to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys in California.
Areas of Practice
- Automobile Accidents
- Federal and State Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Workers' Compensation
- Premises Liability Defense
- North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2011
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2012
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Moot Court
- Honors: National Moot Court Competition in Child Welfare & Adoption Law; Semi-Finalist, 2008
- Honors: Public Service Fellowship
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: English
- Major: Studio Art
Honors and Awards
- National Moot Court Competition in Child Welfare and Adoption Law: Semi-finalist, 2008
- Public Service Fellow (merit fellowship)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Tenth Judicial District Bar, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member